Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My Non-Baby Related Hobby

    I have always loved to look at old pictures, to listen to stories of the "good ol' days" from my dad, grandpa or uncle Clifford. I always figured that if I didn't remember this stuff, then no one in my generation will know it. Last year sometime I discovered Ancestry.com and thus began my journey to discover my heritage (in a more in-depth scale). Pretty much every one of my ancestors that came to the United States were farmers (surprise, surprise!). I could go on for hours and hours about finding this or that out about great aunt so and so, but I know to most people that would be torturously boring. To me I find it very interesting. Like a way to add a personal link to all of those old pictures I love to look at, to feel like I actually knew who they were. I have a family tree online, and thus far it has 1115 people (both my side and Tom's side)! I know! A majority of those are not direct descendants, but brothers and sisters and their families too. I add those people because someone else may have a link that leads me to more information about my direct descendants. Kind of like the snowball effect.

    My goal of recent has been to obtain old photographs to scan and add to my family tree. Thanks to my aunt Kathy I was able to get an old box of photographs that belonged to my grandma (I really knew very little about her side of the family). In this box I actually have a picture of who would be my great-great-great grandparents! I have put the bug in the ear of several of my relatives to find some pictures for me to scan. If anyone needs advice on how to get started with making a family tree just let me know!

Ok, now onto baby stuff, which is what everyone wants to see anyways, right?

I know this is WAY late, but here is a picture I took of Tessa, Hudson and Avery (Hudson is 8 days younger than the girls) at Aunt Amanda and Uncle Travis' house on Mother's Day, and the one I took on Labor Day:

Every mother has ton's of high chair pictures right? Here's a few of mine:
Dad's teaching them to love those Chevy's early


Playing with toys

Last but not least, as promised, one of the girls' 4 month professional pics courtesy of Creative Bent





No comments: