Saturday, September 11, 2010

Vent Session...

    I've had a rough week. Not anything big, just a bunch of little things bringing me down. First, my knees are killing me, I mean, they hurt...bad. They started bothering me in my last trimester with the girls. I chalked it up to all of the weight and fluid I was carrying. It made sense. What I wasn't expecting was the fact that they hurt me after I had them and lost a bunch of weight. I think they're beginning to hurt me now more than when I was pregnant. I know I need to go to the doctor about it, but I'm not looking forward to the MRI, and/or physical therapy that they'll probably order. I really don't feel I have the money or the time to do it. To add insult to injury, I think that because my knees are out of whack, they're causing me to throw my back out of whack. I'm not lifting with my knees like I should, so I put extra strain on my back, and therefore throwing my back out of place...ugh.

    The girls have been kinda cranky lately. I understand there's this whole 4-month wakeful period and what not, but they're only napping like 20-30 minutes at a time 2-3 times per day. There have been a couple of days where they had a meltdown at 5 or 6pm, when usually they don't reach that point until 8:30. I've been trying everything to make them nap better/longer. Tom and I even went out and bought another full sized swing, just like the one we got. I know, I know, it seems pretty impractical to get one now, when they could potentially outgrow it in a month, but it's the only thing the girls will nap in at times, and they usually tend to nap a little longer in it. I was going bonkers having one nap in the swing and the other wide awake and cranky. This way, both tend to nap at the same time. It is my sanity saver for the moment. Besides, I figure either A. Kelly will be able to use it if she doesn't get a swing, or B. we could always sell it on Craigslist and get at least some of the money back out of it. I do put the girls in their cribs at least once a day to nap. Most of the time, they only do their typical 20 minute nap, but yesterday neither fought me very much to fall asleep and Tessa actually slept for 45 minutes in her crib. I hope it wasn't just a fluke!

    Ok, I really hate to admit it, and it's almost hard for me to type, but I think I'm ready to go back to work. I can just see myself 6 months from now eating those words, though. I tend to go stir crazy here with the girls. It is such a circus to get everything ready, packed up, and hauled to wherever we're going. I can't just get up and go to the store. I feel kinda trapped in the house at times. I know it'll get better as the girls get older, and they don't require as much stuff, but now it's tough. I have 4 active applications out right now. All are OB/women's health related. I'm also looking forward to having somewhat of a cash flow again. Get these darn bills paid down. Be able to enjoy ourselves without this huge cloud of guilt hanging over every flipping penny we spend that is not on bills. I'm ready to go back to be more physically active again. Being a nurse is a 12 hour workout. I know as soon as I go back to work, some of this pesky weight that's still hanging around from the girls will start to go away. We shall see what happens in the next month or so.

    Ok, I'll end on a good note. The girls got their 4 month pictures back and I am SO happy with them. I'll post some later if I can.

No comments: