Thursday, September 23, 2010

A few of my favorite things...

    This list is not like the previous post of top ten baby items, but a list of things that make me happy.

Tessa and Avery - I am not who I am without them. I could not imagine
life without them! They make me so happy!

Gosh, he's handsome, and he's all mine!
I love this man with all my heart, and he's such
a great Dad! 
Ahhh, wine, how I love you. This picture makes
me drool.
I could literally mow grass all day long. It is
so relaxing to me! (btw, this lady's lawn doesn't
look big enough to need a rider mower)
Taking pictures. I wish I had more time and
money (to get the camera I want) to do this.
Ok, I admit...I'm nosey.
I love learning my ancestry and working on my family tree.
My iPhone. I would be lost without you. I love having
endless resources at my fingertips.
Our 1966 Chevy Impala.
Drool
    So as far as an update to the past week. I had a job interview at St. Mary's. We'll see how it goes. I'm supposed to have a "peer interview" at some point next week. We'll have to see what pay will be like, hours, schedule, etc. At least I've worked there before and actually a lot of the people I worked with 5 years ago are still there. A lot more than I can say for my previous employer. I'm very nervous about the concept of working night shifts. I just don't know if it's feasible with the girls being so young. We shall see what they offer. I'm even open to working weekend option if it would mean day shift. Who knows. I need to weigh all my options, it's going to be a difficult decision none the less. I have other applications out too, so I could also hear from them in the weeks to come also.
    The girls are doing well, except for sleep. We are still on wonky nap schedules. There is no consistency with them no matter how hard I try. I try every day to get them to nap in their cribs and if I can get 20 minutes out of them, it's good. Most of the time, they will just cry and cry that tired cry but won't fall asleep...until I put them in the swing. Then their out within 2 minutes. Grrrrr! I want them to be able to nap in their beds before they go to daycare. I just dread hearing when they get picked up, "Well, we tried, but the girls didn't nap at all today. They just were cranky and wanted to be held." Ugh. It just might be a tough transition for the three of us if this doesn't get straightened out. They have also started to get up at 5:30-6am for some reason. I'm not sure if they hear Tom getting ready for work, are hungry or what, but I give them a bottle and they will often times go back to sleep until 8 or 9. I told Tom that we should try feeding them solids two times a day and see if that keeps them satisfied throughout the day longer. Who knows. Man there is a lot of trial and error in this thing called motherhood!
    The girls are sleeping, so I'm taking the cue from my contacts sticking to my eyelids that it's time for me to go to bed also! Goodnight!

No comments: