Thursday, October 7, 2010

Long Time, No Post

Slap my hand with a ruler, I'm a bad blogger, I know it. I need to keep up with this. I need to write about things in my everyday life, so then I can look back when the girls are older and reminisce about the times when the girls were so little. About the day to day struggles and joys I had at the time.
    Right now my struggles involve finding time to do...well...anything anymore. There have been so many things going on in our life in the last two weeks, I seriously either A. need to add about an extra 3 hours to the day or B. learn to survive on very, very little sleep. Here is a run-down on the Ervin's in the past 2 weeks:
    -Adam and Nikki got married this past weekend! Yay! Congrats to them! It was an awesome wedding, with an awesome party bus, then an awesome reception! We are so happy for them!
    -My Grandma and Grandpa celebrated their 50th Anniversary this past weekend also! They had a great reception with all of their friends and family around them! Everyone should live by their example. They are great role models for every married couple. The whole family was together to watch them renew their vows at church on Sunday morning.
    I hated the fact that I could not be at both places as much as I wanted to on Saturday. There was just no way it was going to work out any better than what it did. There was so much running and preparation to get everyone where they needed to be, and to get Tom and I to both events. I was so stressed, that I ended up with a migraine the whole time I was doing guestbook and throughout the ceremony at Adam & Nikki's wedding. Stress, no doubt played a role, but I actually think it was triggered by all the camera flashes. You know those spots you get in front of your eyes after a camera flash? Well, mine didn't go away and only got bigger. It's a sign a migraine is coming on. I had no opportunity to go and take my medicine which was in my purse in the room where we all got ready. By the end of the ceremony, I couldn't feel my right hand or the right side of my face. Thank goodness the new medicine I'm on now takes away the symptoms within about 15 minutes or so. I was able to enjoy the party bus.
    -I, in essence, have had 2 job interviews in the past 2 weeks (each consisting of a telephone interview, a face to face with a manager, and a peer interview). I am still not an employed woman. There is more to this story in another post.
    -Tom's Mom's birthday was this weekend too, so when Tyler's football game was over, we had some cake and ice cream for her birthday (really, how much can we cram into one weekend?)
    -My girls have hit a growth spurt (at least that's what I think it is, either that, or a scheme to test the boundaries of their mother's sanity) and have gotten a horrible, snotty, goopy cold. All of this has ended up with both girls not sleeping well at all. I mean, it's bad enough having one up all night, but both have been miserable... and hungry. They have upped their intake of solids to twice daily (fruits in the morning,  veggies in the afternoon, both mixed with some oatmeal) and have been taking just as much, if not more formula. I am in a constant conundrum of feed and comfort, feed and comfort...there have been days this week I haven't ate breakfast until noon. I apologize, but a hungry momma equals a cranky momma. I sometimes think that since God has blessed me as the Mother of twins, I would've at least been born with an extra set of hands. It will get better, I know it will. I just wish I could do more to not make them feel so miserable.
    I will try my best to keep up this blog better than what I have. To talk about the trials and tribulations of our everyday life.

No comments: